Did difference Culinary Indonesia and Japan?
Although Indonesia and Japan are in the Asian continent, but for culinary affairs of Japan and Indonesia have fundamental differences. The most fundamental difference is the use of herbs in each dish between the two countries.
According to Chef Kimio Nonaga, owner Resto Nihonbashi Yukari in Tokyo, Japan is said that if the fundamental difference is the issue of the use of spice in foods that are owned by their respective countries.
“Indonesia has a stronger food ranging from flavor and aroma. Strong sense that arises from the use of many spices, while Japan only rely on natural flavors, “he said, as quoted from Okefood.
Because it uses a lot of spices that make processed food to be spicy. This is thought when consumed spices dominate rather than the main ingredient. While in Japan limitations spices make dishes there have natural taste.
“If in Japan, eating seek a sense of the original, in Japan the very limited to the issue of spices, different from Indonesia who has everything,” he explained.
Although there are differences, there are also similarities owned by Indonesia and Japan, namely fellow island nation. Inevitably, marine products were also used for food consumption by the people of each country.
“As Indonesia and Japan are both island nation, then the two countries have seafood, so the material from the sea can be used to produce umami or savory dried manner, and can be used to make the broth,” he added.
- Rendang as Indonesia’s culinary taste worldwide. Surely our ears are already familiar with this culinary one. We can be proud that rendang, also called randang is ranked number one worldwide Indonesian food into a culinary even the best in the whole world in 2011. Rendang is itself a Minangkabau traditional regional cuisine. It takes time to cook rendang is approximately less than four hours, but your hard work in cooking rendang will not be in vain due to be replaced by pleasure you taste.Rendang made of meat as the main ingredients are mixed with coconut milk. Rendang basic ingredients are also added like spicy chili, turmeric, onions, and so on. Rendang mature brown to jet black.
- The fried rice as Indonesian native culinary tastes worldwide. Fried rice is a home-cooked meals are quick and easy to prepare. Turns fried rice is also one of Indonesian food worldwide. The main ingredient of this fried rice cooked with rice of course, basic spices such as sauce, soy sauce, and onions. Usually, people also like to add seasoning or other materials as a complement to cook fried rice such as eggs, sausage, sauce, meat, and vegetables. Fried rice itself is also known in various restaurants and roadside stalls.
3The meatballs and soup as a native Indonesian culinary tastes worldwide. If you know for sure you also know meatball soup. It turns out that both these dishes become one of Indonesian food worldwide. The main ingredient is meat meatballs are processed into meat balls. Usually the meat used to make meat balls are therefore known names beef veal meatballs. But people are getting creative in processing meat meatballs and they can use the flesh of fish, chicken, and shrimp meat. The main ingredient is beef processed soup and chicken. In various islands in Indonesia soup has the name of each corresponding place like soto Betawi, Soto Banjar, Kediri soup, soup Makassar, and so on. Meat used was not to be beef or chicken but also can mutton even pork.
4. Gudeg as Indonesia’s culinary taste worldwide. Gudeg is native cuisine of Central Java and Yogyakarta. Warm in the area has a distinctive sweet taste. Gudeg itself processed with young jackfruit and coconut milk and dark chocolate color. Lots of tourists who were on vacation to the area of Yogyakarta and Central Java hunting Gudeg because not feel satisfied if you have not tasted food this one.
5. Tempe as Indonesia’s culinary taste worldwide. Not satisfied if eaten without tempeh. Tempe is now known everywhere not only in Indonesia. Even in Japan tempeh can be processed in various ways such as tempeh burgers, steaks tempeh, and much more. The main ingredient is soybean tempe. The most common way to cook tempeh is with fried tempeh but this could also bacem.
6. Gado-gado as Indonesia’s culinary taste worldwide. Gado-gado is the main ingredient salad with vegetables and comes with rice or lontong. Which makes hodgepodge savory peanut sauce that is compatible with the International tongue.
Japanese food is long enough known in Indonesia. Japanese culinary got a strong influence on the country China. Chinese nation to introduce the use of chopsticks, soy sauce, and vegetarianism to the nation Japan. Initially, the Japanese consume poultry and meat, but over the times, now the Japanese culinary culture is dominated by sea food ingredients, such as fish, shellfish, shrimp, squid, octopus, and sebagainya. In addition, soybeans also dominate Japanese cuisine, such as Japanese soy sauce (shoyu), tauco Japan (miso), and out of Japan (tofu)
1). Basic ingredients of Japanese food that is rich in protein and vitamins that makes Japanese people recognized as a nation that was panjang1). Top 10 Foods Japan Rated version digiku.com:
- OnigiriOnigiri is a typical Japanese food made from white rice main. White rice is compacted by hand or with a special printer onigiri. Generally, Onigiri wrapped with seaweed sheets and filled with shrimp, mayonnaise, chives, ume (plum asaman), and Tarako & mentaiko (flying fish roe).
- TempuraTempura is better known as a typical Japanese food. Actually tempura was introduced by the Portuguese in the 15th century. Tempura means “cooking”. Now, tempura is worldwide and is very popular in many countries. Tempura is made of seafood and vegetables cooked by frying and wrapped with crispy flour.
- SushiSushi is a typical Japanese food is very popular not only in his home country but also outside of Japan, including Indonesia. Sushi is made of rice with added seafood, eggs, and fresh vegetables. Sushi has many advantages, in addition to beautiful appearance and appetizing, sushi also has a good taste and includes a healthy diet. Sushi is usually eaten as a breakfast menu, but the sushi is also available in the event there are certain events. Enjoyed sushi with wasabi and soy sauce.
- SashimiSashimi is a typical Japanese food which is almost the same as sushi. Sashimi first before sushi. The difference lies in the sushi sashimi with rice. Sashimi is a pure raw foods typical Japanese. Sashimi made of seafood eaten with soy sauce and wasabi.
- Shabu-shabuShabu-shabu is a typical Japanese food containing thin slices of meat, tofu, mushrooms and vegetables. Meat that is usually used is beef, but sometimes used chicken, fish, and octopus. Shabu-shabu is cooked in a special pan. Meat methamphetamine enjoyed with Japanese sauce containing sesame called gomadare.
- SukiyakiJust as shabu-shabu, sukiyaki is a typical Japanese food served in a pot with a view while cooking. Sukiyaki contain thin slices of beef, vegetables, mushrooms, and tofu. How to cook sukiyaki is boiled. Sliced beef sukiyaki eaten by way dipped into beaten egg chicken served in a separate small bowl.
- UdonUdon actually originated from China. Udon word itself comes from China, namely wonton (meaning dumplings), which is then pronounced the word undon / udon.Udon a Japanese-style noodles made from wheat flour. Typically, Udon has a size larger than the size of the noodles in general. In addition to these measures, udon has a slim size and small. Udon also have various types based on how to cook it and its contents.
- Ramen6)The Japanese really like ramen to eat as a daily food. Actually, ramen can be regarded as ‘Japanese instant noodles’. Ramen is packaged in a cup. How to cook ramen is also equal to cook instant noodles in the cup, which simply add hot water only into it and wait until the noodles are tender and ready to eat.
- Takoyaki7)Takoyaki itself has a meaning ‘grilled octopus’. Takoyaki is a typical Japanese food that fall into the category of snacks. Takoyaki dough made from wheat flour. Takoyaki filled with octopus, cheese, and chives. Once cooked, takoyaki given extra mayonnaise sauce, seaweed, and shavings of tuna which adds delicious when eaten.
- Mochi2)Audience already know mochi from the city of Sukabumi, whereas sebenanrya mochi originated from Japan. Mochi is made from glutinous rice flour made as paste which is then formed. In Japan, mochi is made when there is a traditional event named ‘Mochitsuki’. This food is made in the new year. Initially, mochi triangular but in its development into a varied form of mochi. In the process, the contents of mochi became more diverse and more interesting, such as the content of ice cream, chocolate, and others.
- Indriani. 2007. Japanese Food Favorit ala Cafe. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Dapur Aliza. 2011. Kue Mochi untuk Jualan. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Arif NA. 2010. Dengan Pujian, Bukan Kemarahan. Jakarta: PT Elex Media Komputindo.
- Susanto S. 2007. Popular Food Variasi Sushi. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Alamsyah Y. 2008. Seri Usaha Kecil & Menengah: Tempura. Jakarta: PT Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
- Ramdhan HE. 2010. 99 Ide Bisnis Kreatif Di Dunia. Jakarta: Penebar Plus.
- Fita D. 2009. Berburu Makanan KejuMooo di Jakarta & Bandung. Jakarta: Bukune.